Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Get Prepared and Follow Christ

Repentance is being delayed by people, for some reasons best known to them. When a preacher is done preaching, lives will be touched while some people give their life to Christ instantly others choose to prepare for it; saying yes I will repent but not now, may be next week, month, or season; After I must have reached that level in life; When I grow old I will follow Christ. Right now let me just do the right thing; which is living their life as they wish. Whatever it is they are just not ready at the moment to follow Christ.
This case of getting prepared to follow God is evidently seen in Elisha. So Elisha went from there and found Elisha son of Shaphat. He was ploughing with twelve yoke of oxen, and he himself was driving the twelfth pair. Elijah went up to him and threw his cloak around him. Elisha then left his oxen and ran after Elijah. “ let me kiss my father and mother good-bye”, he said “ then I will come with you”
“Go back” Elisha replied “what have I done to you? So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the ploughing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his attendant (1 Kings 19:21). Also in the time of Jesus, a lot of people came to Jesus to follow Him while some gave reasons  why they will not follow him immediately others without looking  back followed him till the end.

My dear friends make yourself available for God today, believe in him and also believe in him who sent him now for the hour the bible says no one knows only but the father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment